CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Buick Allure, LaCrosse?

Cupillac

I believe here in Canada the new Buick Allure is actually a LaCrosse in the U.S.

Is this correct?

I was looking at some pictures of this new design and I must say I really enjoy the looks of this Buick, and the interior is fantastic! Thats what the new Cadillacs should be like.

I'm just not a big fan of the new sharp edged, modern looks of the new Cadillacs as much as the previous years.

The interior of the Buick reminds me of my STS.

The leather looks som plush and comfy.

Any opinions?

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Yes, they changed the name in Canada apparently because of some unfortunate slang usage of lacrosse.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Cupillac,

Yes, the Allure and the LaCrosse are the exact same model. Apparently, the name was changed to "Allure" for Canadian models because the Buick marketing folks learned that the word "lacrosse" is a French Canadian slang term for, ahem, "self gratification." ;) By that time, marketing plans to use the "LaCrosse" name were well in place, so it was just easier to change the name only for the Canadian market.

This story reminds me of a similar situation about ten years ago, when an athletic shoe manufacturer brought out a new shoe "model" called "Incubus." Apparently, the marketing folks thought that this name sounded real cool, but never bothered to look up the actual definition of the word -- it is the name for a mythological male demon that rapes women in their sleep! :o (The shoes were quickly pulled from the market.)

Apparently, the name was changed to "Allure" for Canadian models because the Buick marketing folks learned that the word "lacrosse" is a French Canadian slang term for, ahem, "self gratification."

So what's wrong with that? LOL If your not married, you might not get the humor.

Have a great new year.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Archived