CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Finally, a SuperCharger for Seville

fubar0715

I was doing a little looking around and found this..

Ebay Supercharger

This group of enterprising individuals came up with a solution for the extra HP we are looking for in a neat, innovative package...Lets see if we can get a group rate on a large purchase for all of us!!!!!! :lol:

As the resident crazy idea tester, I can report that an electric blower rigged to the intake actually slowed down my STS in tests I ran. These fans are not designed to develop pressure so much as flow is my conclusion, althugh others may have a more technical answer.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Im a believer in very few of these electric contraptions but there is one out there that is Developed and Built down here in south florida by a racer and from his website and videos it truely works in short to medium bursts........you do pay for it though

The fact that it's on eBay is the first clue that it's bogus. The completely non-technical (and inaccurate) claims are the second. "It's like adding 4-5 more throttle bodies"??? And the third clue that it's just another snake oil is the price. Real superchargers that add 40-50 hp cost a few thousand dollars, and DO require computer tuning and possibly other high-flow fuel parts to match the new increase in airflow. Somehow, these guys give you the same results, with no mods needed, from a blower motor pirated from a Kirby. Hmm...

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The fact that it's on eBay is the first clue that it's bogus.  The completely non-technical (and inaccurate) claims are the second.  "It's like adding 4-5 more throttle bodies"???  And the third clue that it's just another snake oil is the price.  Real superchargers that add 40-50 hp cost a few thousand dollars, and DO require computer tuning and possibly other high-flow fuel parts to match the new increase in airflow.  Somehow, these guys give you the same results, with no mods needed, from a blower motor pirated from a Kirby.  Hmm...

LOLOL and OL again!

OTOH, John Edwards would likely advise you to invest in this.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived