CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Passenger Cabin Temperature Setting & Misfire Code

Listers,

A minor annoyance is the temperature setting for the passenger cabin . I need to set the temp at 80 to get heat into the passenger cabin. Can someone tell me if this is a thermostat problem, (thermostat is the original), or a problem with the controls?

Continuing problem is the Check Engine Soon alert that's been haunting me. Code indicates a #4 misfire.

Have changed the #4 plug and boot, and the front coil; Code returns after a few miles of driving. No Code showing to indicate a problem with the rear coil which is difficult to get to so have not messed with it. Still hoping someone can offer a solution. Listers have offered that, if not soon corrected, this could cause catylitic converter problems; big $$$$$! We now have about 20K mile on the new engine.

Thanks much,

Steve M

Which car has the misfire? The 2000 or 2007? They are set up differently for coils, codes, and code access.

How are you coming up with code p0304? The 2000 will only display p0300 on the self diagnostics. You then need a quality scan tool to display which cylinder is actually misfiring..

There seems to be...a mid-level scan tool out there with a software glitch. It seems to be reported as a #4 misfire every time.

Maybe a check of the aspirator fan for the heating problem. The intake areas of the fan might be partially or fully blocked by dust. Or the fan itself could be inoperative.

Also depending on the outside air temp and interior temp 80 degrees might be what's required for hot air. If the ambient temp is 85 then even set at 80 would require cool air to reach the set 80 degrees.

Fellow Listers,

Thanks for the replies re. the Cabin Temp setting and, misfire Code. Responses were helpful starting points, and I'll start with the easiest, and work up. Misfire Code is on the 2000 DeViIlle.

Interesting about the scan software problem mentioned and this could be a culprit. I ran the scan from the on-board computer and two experienced Indy mechanics are also stumped, since the car runs quite smooth, good gas mileage, etc. I would expect their scanners are quality instruments, but there's always the possibility......!

PS: Where is the asperator fan located?

Ok...the 2000...got it.

I don't mean to imply there is a scan tool out there with suspect software...but the #4 cylinder often seems to be the one reported as being the problem. So I am begining to suspect something like that.

There really is no such thing as a p0301-p0308 code on a 2000. (Go look it up in the service manual). You get only the p0300...then you need a scan tool to see which cylinder is acting up. See attached pic..GM Tech 2 showing a misfire on #6 cylinder.

post-2-0-36938200-1446736703_thumb.jpg

The aspirate fan is located on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. Right about where the keys would hang. There is a small cover that has a grill on it to let air through. Basically it samples the temperature of the interior air

Archived