CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Quick Question: VTD module in 2000 Deville

Looking for the Pass-key 3 module in a 2000 Deville.

Where is it located? I'm not looking for the module that fits around the ignition. I need the decider module. In the trunk??

I've searched for hours and can't find a good answer. I'm searching for one in a salvage yard.

Thanks!

I don't have the FSM for the 2000 model year but I think it's part of the IPM. Modules rarely go bad so I assume that you're trying to disable it. Since this is a theft-deterrent security feature, it's a bonded locksmith issue.

If you tell us what your problem is and where you want to go with it, we might be able to help you get there.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I'm actually looking for a VTD to fit my 00 Seville. There's a huge salvage yard but the Sevilles there have a different part number on the VTD.

So I'd like to look at the Devilles and Auroras there to see if they have a matching VTD

Service manual shows #11 as being the theft deterent module. That is the steering column in the pic.

post-2-0-71551900-1444537407_thumb.jpg

I'm actually looking for a VTD to fit my 00 Seville. There's a huge salvage yard but the Sevilles there have a different part number on the VTD.

So I'd like to look at the Devilles and Auroras there to see if they have a matching VTD

I was actually searching for the VTD module....that is what the service manual is showing for a 2000 Deville. And the name sort-of-changes in the manual...to theft deterent module.

Correction: Double checked this morning. The above picture is for Seville. This is what service manual shows for Deville....but it looks like the key ring.

post-2-0-54568400-1444564321_thumb.jpg

And thinking about it more....surely the STS and Deville will be using different part #s.

The Deville ignition is on the column....the STS is on the dash.

post-2-0-24494000-1444575107_thumb.jpg

Archived