CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lower Radiator Hose Clamp

mike33

Hi team, I'm looking for this part # 25725971? Anybody have an idea, looks like discontinued. I prefer the constant pressure spring clamps. The OD of the hose is 1.81". I can't even find an aftermarket to fit. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks! Mike

Hi team, I'm looking for this part # 25725971? Anybody have an idea, looks like discontinued. I prefer the constant pressure spring clamps. The OD of the hose is 1.81". I can't even find an aftermarket to fit. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks! Mike

try this number...20461S

I think it is the lower hose for your car

Posted Image

Which of the two cars is this for? I didn't have any way to look up the part number, but I can tell you this: If it's for the 2008 DTS try to avoid fooling with it at all cost. I took my 2008 DTS to the dealership once in order to have the radiator drained and refilled with GM antifreeze. Not only did they have to send some kid out to buy antifreeze and distilled water (!) they worked for 45 minutes and could not get to the lower rad hose! They took everything they could out of that area, the air filter box, the computer underneath, everything and still couldn't reach it from up above. Looking at the service manual, GM requires a "special tool" to release the hose clamp. It appeared to be a long flex plier which would engage the ears of the clamp to release it.

In the end, and much to my dismay, they connected the car to a flushing machine and used the 50/50 mixture to replace the fluid. I went so far as to purchase a refractometer in order to check the concentration, but it was right on the money.

Moral: if it ain't broke, leave that clamp alone.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived