CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo.com Cadillac Conversation 2015-07-26 DashCam

My dashcam is a VOSONIC Flexmedia V747 120° Video Car Dash Recorder, retailing for about $150. It takes memory cards up to 32 GB, which I use. That holds about 4.5 hours of video. It has a shock sensor that, when tripped, locks the current 4.5-minute video clip so that it won't be overwritten in 4.5 hours.

There are cheaper models and one more expensive model. The more expensive model has more dynamic range, which means that it will provide more viewable video in night shots with lots of lights, driving into the sun, etc. but the V747 does OK in that regard.

It does NOT include a rear camera. Video quality is excellent, 1080p at 30 fps, and color is very good. I didn't listen to the sound in the playbacks that I examined. It runs off the cigar lighter, but it has a rechargeable battery that will keep going for awhile if you don't want to plug it in. I found that useful in setting up and workign with it in the house.

This is a great simple dashcam for collecting videos of the things that you see every day, and as a backup for insurance in case of an accident. If you are into producing videos, want a field of view narrower than 120 degrees, want rear facing video, or want longer recording times, you will need a more expensive dashcam.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived