CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Has 3 Cars in Top 10 List That No One Wants To Buy

99EldoETC

These are the cars no one wants to buy.

10. Cadillac ATS

> Days in inventory: 138.1

> 2014 unit sales: 29,890

> MSRP: $33,215

A Cadillac ATS spent an average of about 138 days on dealers' lots before it was sold, the 10th longest time of all other car models last year. Cadillac sold nearly 30,000 units of the luxury sedan in 2014, nearly 20% of all Cadillac's annual unit sales. Because ATS represents a large portion of the maker's business and floundering sales, GM laid off workers at its ATS factory in Lansing, Michigan. The ATS is one of three Cadillac models with the longest days to turn. The carmaker released the ATS in 2012 to compete with small luxury brands such as the BMW 3 series.

6. Cadillac XTS

> Days in inventory: 144.6

> 2014 unit sales: 24,335

> MSRP: $44,660

Cadillac's CT6 was unveiled at this year's New York Auto Show. The large sedan is meant to eventually replace the XTS, which is now scheduled to be discontinued in 2019. Because the two cars are similar, consumers who would have purchased an XTS last year may have opted to wait for the arrival of the CT6. While Cadillac sold 24,335 XTS models last year — a significant portion of its total U.S. unit sales — the model spent nearly five months on the lot before it was sold. Cadillac's parent GM still dominates the U.S. auto market with a 16.2% market share as of March. However, with floundering Cadillac sales and slow-selling models are weighing on the manufacturer's ability to maintain its leading position.

3. Cadillac ELR

> Days in inventory: 158.6

> 2014 unit sales: 1,310

> MSRP: $75,000

The ELR is Cadillac's first foray into the electric car space. These cars spent an average of 158.6 days on the lot prior to being sold. The main problem of the ELR is its competition — the comparably priced Tesla model S, which apart from being far better reviewed than the ELR is also far more recognizable by most Americans in the electric car market. Beyond issues of tough competition, sales of Cadillac's electric car likely also suffered from the large decline in gas prices in 2014. The good news is that Cadillac did not bet the farm on this car. The 3,952 ELR units sold in 2014 represented less than 1% of total Cadillac unit sales.

Read more

http://www.wwltv.com/story/money/cars/2015/04/11/cars-americans-dont-buy/25602781/

I don't want them either. The only Cadillac I'd consider buying now is the Escalade, and even that's getting fugly. I'd prefer the Tahoe over it..

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

I agree with above.

Why spend so much for the escalade when the tahoe is basically the same,

You ready to sell your Deville yet? lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I agree with above.

Why spend so much for the escalade when the tahoe is basically the same,

You ready to sell your Deville yet? lol

Nope! Think I'll keep it a little longer.. Still runs and drives great and looks like it's only a few years old.. Going on 130K...

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Yours outlasted mine but mine was in NY. mileage doesnt count in my book. but I did have about 215k on it. no major issues. ultimately head issue occured and it just was not worth pulling a subframe down on a NY car that showed its rusty side. keep yours going strong and it will please you for a long time.

I am looking a little bit for another or a fleetwood of the same era. the bigger the better

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived