CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Part Number for Intake Coupler

FatherSyn

Hey guys,

First time Cadillac owner and first time poster. I recently discovered a vacuum leak on my 2005 SRX V8 in the intake coupler that connects the throttle body to the intake manifold. The parts stores around cannot seem to find the part in their systems and I'm not having any luck searching for it on my own. My question is does anyone know the GM part number for this coupler or maybe the dimensions so I can get a performance replacement part? Thanks in advance guys, I'm in love with this engine and I believe I'm going to be a Cadillac guy for life now.

:welcomesmiley:

For some reason that part is not readily found in the parts searches. One would think that since this is a part that takes up vibrations between the water-cooled throttle body/water pump and the intake manifold, it would be replaced occasionally, like a serpentine belt. Its absence in the list of high volume parts tells me that this part rarely fails.

The 2005 FSM lists this part as index 525 in the exploded diagram, and calls it the "Intake Manifold Plenum Duct." My usual go-to, GM Parts Direct (LINK) doesn't turn this part up in either a listing or a search. A web search on the GM name turns up a listing by Nalley Buick/GMC (LINK) that gives two part numbers, 12580250 and 12563719, and 12580250 looks like it is the right part on the same exploded diagram that I have in the FSM. Even though the engine is listed as the LH2 (correct for your car according to the 2005 FSM), the model year range for this part starts at 2007 in the Nalley listing, but there is a caveat at the bottom of the page that says that it fits three Cadillac models from 2004 through 2010, so I think that it is the correct part for your car.

I tried the part numbers on the GM Parts Direct web site and got no hits for 12563719 but 12580250 turns up a listing for "Plenum."

Since there seem to be two parts, and they probably differ in length or other dimension that could be a problem, I would use your VIN at a parts counter, of if you go online, use a dealer-based parts vendor that offers verification by VIN such as GM Parts Direct and verify the part number before you buy. This part goes for between $35 and $45 plus tax and shipping, so VIN verification seems to be a very good idea here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks! I was pulling my hair out trying to find this part. I verified the part for my VIN and it looks like Part # 12563719 was the old number for the same part. Now comes the task of waiting for the part and then taking the Intake manifold off. One more question before I order the parts. I was told that the O-rings for these fuel injectors are one time use only and I would have to replace them with a specific type of O-ring. Is this true or should I just use the bulk o-rings I can get from my local parts store?

I was told that the O-rings for these fuel injectors are one time use only and I would have to replace them with a specific type of O-ring. Is this true or should I just use the bulk o-rings I can get from my local parts store?

If the o-rings are the injector mounting o-rings, I think they are reusable - just check for leaks after the job is complete by turning the the key to "ON" until the fuel pump stops, then repeat. Look for fuel leakage at the injectors.

If the o-ring leaks, replace them with the OEM part. There are several materials that are used for o-rings and many will be attacked by gasoline. The only sure way to get the correct material is to buy the OE parts.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived