CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My Seville made my day.

rockfangd

Hi all. thought I would share.

I took My 97 Seville out of winter storage today. It has been parked since october. I checked the oil, unhooked the battery tender, fired it up, and off I went.

This car still runs and drives like new. clearly the reason why I stick with this generation Cadillac.

There is definate differences between the 97 Seville and my 01 Eldo. Which makes me wonder what else Cadillac changed after 2000.

Examples

The Seville has instant snap, the eldorado has the snap but it is not like the Seville.

the engine is very throaty and begs for more on the Seville, the eldo is not as throaty and does not sound as good.

I also like not having the air pump setup on the Seville.

My eldo has horrible torque steer, The Seville does not.

My Seville has RSS, the eldo does not. (wish it did)

And to top it off my Seville does not have the nagging front end shimmy that I still cannot cure on my eldo.

My Seville thrilled me today. To go from storage to driving it like I stole it and it begged for more. It felt great.

I might add that my 96 Deville rode just as good as the 97 Seville and had over 200k miles.

What else did Cadillac do away with after year 2000?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

What else did Cadillac do away with after year 2000?

Opra lights, lamp monitors, power trunk pulldown and 4-note "trumpet horn" are some examples I can think of.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Trademark cadillac options.

My eldo does have auto pulldown trunk, But the eldorado kept the same body til 2001 (last year they were made)

What about washer fluid indicator? and low coolant warning. I have run out of washer fluid with the eldo and it never showed anything

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Trademark cadillac options.

My eldo does have auto pulldown trunk, But the eldorado kept the same body til 2001 (last year they were made)

What about washer fluid indicator? and low coolant warning. I have run out of washer fluid with the eldo and it never showed anything

2002 was the last year for the Eldorado.

My 2005 Deville has the warning for low coolant and washer fluid. If your Eldorado ran low on coolant and the warning did not appear on the DIC, I'd check to make sure someone didn't unplug the harness from the sensor and jump the harness. This is a common hack job when the sensor goes bad and gives a false low coolant warning and the owner is too cheap to replace the surge tank due to the built in sensor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I misread your post - I thought the low coolant message was not working when it was the low washer fluid message. That should be easy enough to troubleshoot. Maybe the float is hung up and is not able to move down with the level of fluid in the tank?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived