CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen Addresses ELR

On the future of plug-in hybrids in the Cadillac lineup: "I absolutely believe that we need not only a successor to ELR but more vehicles of that caliber and they will be part of our future. We must not give up on the car. I cannot have 50 priorities at the same time. The team and I will get around to working on ELR, but it is clearly going to be a niche car."

On the ELR's value-added factor: "It's priced as a luxury car. It's a Cadillac. There's a lot of technology and equipment in that car, by the way, that you won't find in a Tesla. There's 30 grand worth of value right there. All of that, combined, you have a very small segment of buyers remaining."

Read more: http://www.autoworldnews.com/articles/10654/20141125/cadillac-elr-luxury-hybrid-coupe-general-motors-gm-exclusive-news-johan-de-nysschen-los-angeles-auto-show.htm#ixzz3Khrgm8dX

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Solving a problem begins with acceptance of the reality of the problem and its solutions.

The good news is that the ELR is here to stay, in current thinking.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 4 months later...

“One thing is fair to say: We’ve had a great learning exercise with this car,” admitted Cadillac head of marketing Uwe Ellinghaus in an interview with Bloomberg yesterday. “The MSRP was, indeed, a mouthful.”

Read more: https://transportevolved.com/2015/05/14/cadillac-executive-admits-elr-plug-in-coupe-was-overpriced-as-dealers-offer-35-percent-discounts-off-msrp/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived