CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Chat 2014-09-24: The CT6 is Coming

Bruce Nunnally

I will add the video link here but hmm: http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/upcoming-top-end-product-named-cadillac-ct6/

DETROIT – Cadillac announced today that its new, high-technology car positioned at the top of its range will be called Cadillac CT6.

“The Cadillac CT6 continues our brand’s elevation and global growth,” said Uwe Ellinghaus, Cadillac chief marketing officer. “CT6 will constitute an entirely new approach to the prestige sedan, emphasizing a dynamic driving experience and advanced technology.”

When it launches in late-2015, the CT6 will expand the Cadillac range upwards – meaning it will not replace any current product. Positioned above today’s CTS and XTS product lines, the CT6 aims to join the elite group of top-class large luxury cars.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I haven't watched your Chat yet, but a quick note of what I think of the CT6 (name), is in a word: lame.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

it may grow on me; I would like to hear the whole pattern. It at least is A plan where there seemed to be little or none before.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, here is my take on the new nomenclature. If it is trying to emulate the Germans, it fails, as it doesn't aspire to even match what I think they (the Germans) want to expose. It uses a six where we are seeing an "S" (M/B), a "7" (BMW) and an "8" (for Audi), which I believe will be the competition. The six also alludes to a six cylinder; the new Caddy better be sporting an "8" (I'm thinking the 4.5 TT). I would maybe be okay to offer a six (cylinder), as an option or at a later date, but Cadillac needs to come out with 'both guns blazing' with this new introduction and must be ready to go (from the start). Anyway that's the way I see it. (Going to listen to the Chat show now; maybe you've already covered some of this).

p.s. And what happens if the new Caddy is less than stellar and/or has some launch problems. I can see the naysayers calling the new Cadillac CT6, the 'seedy 6' (play on words, okay, play on letters); not good to add food to the fodder.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived