CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo Cadillac Chat 2014-08-14

Hey! Bruce and Texas Jim! :)

Where you been??

Don't remember seeing you around lately...

Hey, Jim. Hope all is well with you! I've been around. I come to the forum from time to time and will post if I feel I can be of some help. Since I own the '05 STS, I don't do as much work on it--except I am having a transmission hard shift problem that I think is related to either the trans Shift Control Module (needs to be reprogrammed) or the Throttle Body Position Sensor. I replaced the Throttle Body a couple of years ago, but after doing some more research it appears it may be a electrical connection problem. Anyway, I'm going to have to check it out over the weekend. My STS officially broke 250K miles and I plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off because I don't want to spend 15-20 grand on a used lower mileage STS. Right now I'm still into Cadillac. Though it has crossed my mind to try out a BMW 740--however, I would rather stick with American made.

Hey! Bruce and Texas Jim! :)

Where you been??

Don't remember seeing you around lately...

Hey, Jim. Hope all is well with you! I've been around. I come to the forum from time to time and will post if I feel I can be of some help. Since I own the '05 STS, I don't do as much work on it--except I am having a transmission hard shift problem that I think is related to either the trans Shift Control Module (needs to be reprogrammed) or the Throttle Body Position Sensor. I replaced the Throttle Body a couple of years ago, but after doing some more research it appears it may be a electrical connection problem. Anyway, I'm going to have to check it out over the weekend. My STS officially broke 250K miles and I plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off because I don't want to spend 15-20 grand on a used lower mileage STS. Right now I'm still into Cadillac. Though it has crossed my mind to try out a BMW 740--however, I would rather stick with American made.

My '06 DTS had 140,000 on it when I found a really nice 2011 DTS Platinum with just over 20,000 miles on it and still under factory warranty.

I traded the '06 for it. So far, I really like it.

Good luck finding what is causing your hard shifting.

Posted Image

Archived