CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mailbag: STS-V Transmission Oil Cooler

I'm wondering if you could help me since No other websites were able to give me any answers

I drive an Sts-v and I need to replace the transmission cooler but I'm unable to know which aftermarket part should I buy

And I would really appreciate it if you can help me

The STS-V (LC3) transmission oil cooler is mounted ahead of the radiator. Here is a diagram showing parts and part numbers:

0509196D04-062.JPG

Read more: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2867501&ukey_assembly=376882

All of the parts should be available. However, if you choose to go aftermarket for the radiator portion, you would be looking for a small air to fluid heat exchanger ACDelco #19129761

41a7ElW232L.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-19129761-Transmission-Auxiliary-Assembly/dp/B000K003HU#

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 4 weeks later...

Commenting on this one so Bahrain STSV can find it easier in the current threads:

If you click on the amazon link above it would take you to a new transmission cooler if that is what you need.

Your car does have a transmission cooler standard.

The factory also offered an expensive after-market differential cooler for the rear differential.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

About the only thing that I found that would handle the capacity or improve on the capacity of the AC/Delco exact replacement is the Allison high-flow coolers:

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/Allisoncooler.html

I'm going by the sizes I see in the aftermarket tube-and-fin coolers. The AC/Delco exact replacement is full-width across the radiator, which is very unusual in aftermarket transmission coolers, except for Allison, which is intended for big trucks pulling hills. Apparently the STS-V cooler is intended to allow high engine output all day without overheating the transmission.

I would think that if you can get an exact replacement, i.e. ACDelco part number 19129761, you will have as much capacity as you need and you will not have any problems hooking up the hoses or attaching the cooler to your car. If you feel the cooling is inadequate for the deserts in or near Bahrain, you might look into higher capacity radiator fans to draw more air through the coolers that you have.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived