CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1948/49/52/76/85 Custom 1948 Cadillac 62 Series

39.jpg

One of a kind 1948 Cadillac 62 Series convertible for sale in our Tampa Showroom. This one-off custom is unlike any other you'll ever come by. This vehicle is the exact right amount of custom, street rod, muscle car, and luxury vehicle all rolled into one complete package. This gorgeous Cadillac for sale is powered by a Cadillac 500 cubic inch V8 that puts out a heart stopping 400 horsepower, from the factory! The rebuild was completed by renowned engine builder Evanuik Performance, of Pittsburgh, PA. The vehicle has 6,874 miles since being rebuilt. The build includes being bored, with small features added, like: electronic ignition, custom built crossflow radiator with twin 16" electric fans, and Sanderson ceramic coated headers. Behind the Sanderson headers, you'll find a Borla stainless steel exhaust system. The Borla turbo mufflers give the vehicle a very smooth, yet sporty exhaust note. The engine is backed by a TH400 transmission, with a Gear Vendors overdrive kit added. With the overdrive and the 3.23 gears, the 48' Cadillac for sale cruises at a low 1900 RPM at 70 MPH and has been stated to get 20 MPG on the open road. The chassis itself is a customized 1985 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, which has: power steering, power disc brakes, and fully custom Air Ride suspension with air bags and digital controls. Though it's obvious to see through reading, that this vehicle has been built and customized, you don't really get a full grasp of it until you realize all of the subtle things that have been done to the body that really makes this car a one of a kind ride. - See more at: http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/displaycar?stock=39&location=TPA#sthash.v3p8tssa.dpuf

Looks like a very fun car. $149K puts it out of my budget.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Actually I like the 1949 convertible better than the 1968 model. Pricing - it looks like at $150K someone is trying to recoup all their costs. The car is not in original condition, though; it's lowered and the windshield looks chopped. The wheels and hub caps look like a spoke mags, like your new wheels for the Duke. I can't understand asking that much for a custom job unless all the pieces to make it showroom stock are included and are all in mint condition, something that I doubt because you would have a lot better luck configuring the car as showroom stock in mint condition to get best price.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived