CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Handed over the Caddy

My 2008 DTS has been my daily driver for a few years and as of a week ago, I handed it over to the wife. I have replaced it with a 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS Anniversary Edition as my daily driver. It is FAST!!! But it's still not a Caddy. I think that next time I am going to go CTS-V.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

My 2008 DTS has been my daily driver for a few years and as of a week ago, I handed it over to the wife. I have replaced it with a 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS Anniversary Edition as my daily driver. It is FAST!!! But it's still not a Caddy. I think that next time I am going to go CTS-V.

That would probably be a good move... :)

Posted Image

You might settle for a V-Sport. The CTS-V is a bit of overkill as a daily driver. Comparing to my fastest previous car, a 1966 427 Corvette with 390 hp engine (current wisdom is that this old car has 420 hp to the rear wheels), that car has a 13.4 second quarter-mile time, while the CTS-V has a 12.0 second quarter-mile time.

But, the CTS-V has the six-speed with auto transmission available, and with the 4.0 low gear ratio and throttle-by-wire, the power is not at all obtrusive and the car is easy to drive in all environments, from congested grocery store parking lots to Pike's Peak time trials to Nuremburg. The supercharger is seamless and quiet, and the gas mileage is not bad at all for a V8. I've only had mine since May, but it has never had a code.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived