CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wife traded in our Deville

Bronson

My wife traded in our 97 Deville, for all things, you won't belive, a Ranger pick-up.

Sorry Guys I tried. She has been talking about having a truck for a long time now and the Deville was going to need work real soon. 55K on the original brakes, compressor was leaking, trans was due for service, not to mention a couple of other issues. She looked real good though and got top dollar on the trade, I mean the car...... my wife can be very assertive, I'm sure that helped too.

Neighbor asked me yesterday If my wife was from Texas, he couldn't figure out, Caddy to a Ranger truck? He did say she looked cute in the truck though. Ha Ha

sebring06RTP.jpg

My wife traded in our 97 Deville, for all things, you won't belive, a Ranger pick-up.

Doesn't she know, that is grounds for a divorce :)

55K on the front brakes! That's nothing. Mine are going on 93K.

Here is a another man with his right hand glued to the gear selector!!!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Here is a another man with his right hand glued to the gear selector!!!!

If you are insinuating that I gear down for stopping, I NEVER do that. I attribute my brake life to light braking, anticipating stops and mostly highway driving.

:D I traded my cherry 95 STS for a 2000 base Corolla two years ago .... it took about a month to realize that gas mileage isn't everything, that power and luxury are a powerful combination. I subsequently took the plunge, bought a white diamond 97 STS, and there's no way I'd trade it again!

Hope you enjoy the Ranger .... I hear those motors go forever.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I nearly always gear down for braking. Love the sound of the exhaust! And it seems to help the mileage equation!

Different strokes for different folks - :D

Steve

Downshifting to slow down is a good way to drive. It helps keep the car under control, and with the Northstar it helps keep the rings free for better sealing; which reduces oil usage and reduces carbon buildup in the combustion chambers.

I usually only drop down to third, coming off the freeway, or descending long grades.

Longer brake life is a benefit of using the transmission properly.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I too drop it down to third coming off the interstate, wife on the other hand being the blonde she is, just stands on it. 55k on the original rotors and pads, I'm sure there is nothing left.

Bronson, I just happened to have an appropriate license plate for you! Mike

post-3-1102540070.jpg

There are already plenty of trucks here in broward county, which by the way has no use at all for them........traffic sucks and I for one hate always being behind a truck not being able to see whats going on in from of me on 595 or I75......

.......O...Ranger trucks are good though........not as good as a caddy.

Archived