CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Has this happen to any of you?

djazzmo

The weather has been messy for the last couple of weeks. It has finally dried out a bit and it looks clear for the next few days. I washed down my baby today and guess what happened. She runs faster, gets better gas mileage, and purrs like a kitten.

Really it's true. ;)

I've never experienced that with a home wash; but I know it's true when I go through a hot car wash.

Funny how that works. I always think mine runs soooooo much better when it's clean. Does it really? Probably not, but who cares! :D

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

and when you mix the hot wash with a k&n and performance chip look out baby...

don't forget the Tornado System.......

LOL......I love it.....LOL.....

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Ok..I've got the inside skinny..Get some of that slippery Prolong stuff, and lube up the muffler bearings real good-like...You won't believe the difference... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob D, where abouts are the muffler bearings? And yes my Caddy loves a warm bath followed up by a leather massage. Cadillacs Rule!!!!!!

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

The weather has been messy for the last couple of weeks. It has finally dried out a bit and it looks clear for the next few days. I washed down my baby today and guess what happened. She runs faster, gets better gas mileage, and purrs like a kitten.

Really it's true. ;)

So whats your point? You have a relationship with your car ?

Why does there always have to be a point? These are valid observations by many Cadillac owners. If you have NOT noticed a difference, judging from the responses here, I'd say you better get your equipment checked. I mean your leather treatment applicator, your car wash sponge, the type of detergent (sorry) you use, etc. I've personally noticed that even though the car runs faster and gets better fuel milage when clean, the major effects of waxing seem to make it run smoother and quieter. I've got to go now, I'm missing an episode of "Charmed".

Oh, BTW the muffler bearings are after the Catalytic converter, but just ahead of the mufflers, there are two, one for each muffler.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

>"Bob D, where abouts are the muffler bearings? And yes my Caddy loves a warm bath followed up by a leather massage. Cadillacs Rule!!!!!! "<

Oh, BTW the muffler bearings are after the Catalytic converter, but just ahead of the mufflers, there are two, one for each muffler.

Let's see...There are actually dual muffler bearings on the early NS's ('93 and '94's) This went in concert with the standard 'Z' rated tires at the time. Because of no speed limiter with the Z tires, the enginners felt at this time, as the Northstar was still in it's early stages the dual muffler bearings would be needed. Along with this early performance enhancement were the beefed up version of the piston return springs. (PRS) By '95 they found that with the larger percentage sales of 'H' rated tires, and less top speed, that dual muffler bearings and heavy duty piston return springs really weren't necesary, so a single bearing in each pipe, and lighter springs were agreed to be adequate. Still, if you can get ahold of those early sets of each , I swear they make your car go faster...

Add a chip, and oh, man...look out.. ;)

BTW....You know that beachfront property in Montana I have?...It just came back on the market...The last buyer dropped out for some reason..... :P

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

>"Bob D, where abouts are the muffler bearings? And yes my Caddy loves a warm bath followed up by a leather massage. Cadillacs Rule!!!!!! "

Let's see...There are actually dual muffler bearings on the early NS's ('93 and '94's) This went in concert with the standard 'Z' rated tires at the time. Because of no speed limiter with the Z tires, the enginners felt at this time, as the Northstar was still in it's early stages the dual muffler bearings would be needed. Along with this early performance enhancement were the beefed up version of the piston return springs. By '95 they found that with the larger percentage sales of 'H' rated tires, and less top speed, that dual muffler bearings and heavy duty piston return springs really weren't necesary, so a single bearing in each pipe, and lighter springs were agreed to be adequate. Still, if you can get ahold of those early sets of each , I swear they make your car go faster...

Add a chip, and oh, man...look out.. ;)

BTW....You know that beachfront property in Montana I have?...It just came back on the market...The last buyer dropped out for some reason..... :P

Bob D. you are GOOD!!!! :lol:

Archived