CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Transmission Fluid

Allright check this out I need some help,allright i need to know if there is a way for me too get transmission fluid out of the pan without having to drop the pan,you know what im sayin' the deal is I made a big mistake and let one of my "Friends" well Ex-Friends put transmission fluid in my car so I could go grab my lil' sister from gettin' into it wit these to dudes,needless to say we got into it anyway but thats a different story,the deal is he put way to darn much trans-fluid in my crap he put it all the way up to the darn word "full", I just found out yesterday and its been like two to three weeks and he didn't tell me crap,she shifts out good still but i don't wanna ###### my baby up ya dig and i really don't wanna drop that pan cause transmissions do tent to ###### up,when u ###### with them,so just gone and be real as hell wit me is my transmission smurfed or do i still have some hope left, If anyone could help me that whould be perfect Thanks allot

Big D Aka Cadillac Shrek.

1992 Cadillac Seville S.T.S. 4t80 Transmission

You can disconnect one of the transmission cooling lines going to the rad and push a rubber hose on the line and place the other end in a clean bucket.

Start the engine. It will pump a gallon in about 30 seconds.

I don't remember which line is the pressure or return line.

Try disconnecting the upper line (easy to access) and give it a try.

Just be ready to switch off the engine in case it is the return line.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

You can disconnect one of the transmission cooling lines going to the rad and push a rubber hose on the line and place the other end in a clean bucket.

Start the engine. It will pump a gallon in about 30 seconds.

I don't remember which line is the pressure or return line.

Try disconnecting the upper line (easy to access) and give it a try.

Just be ready to switch off the engine in case it is the return line.

Barry

What Barry recommends is just a great approach if you want to do a major fluid replacement, but for a few oz you actually need to remove a syringe is fine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived