CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Coupe Deville 1962 Needed for filming.

Hi all,

I work for a TV production company based in London, UK. I’m part of the production team for Wheeler Dealers - a popular motoring show on the Discovery Channel. It is broadcast on Discovery Velocity in the States.

The premise is the show is that a car dealer buys a car in need of repair and passes it to a mechanic. The mechanic does the repair work and then the car dealer sells the car to finish the programme. It is a ‘how to’ show to exhibit to people what they can do with their own vehicles.

We have a film crew coming to the States soon to film our presenter buying two American icons which we then plan to ship back to the UK. One of the cars we’re looking to buy is a 1962 Cadillac Coupe Deville For the beginning of the episode we’re looking to film a 'pristine version' of a 1962 Coupe Deville. This will act as stock footage to set up the story for the rest of the programme and show viewers what we’re trying to achieve with our own vehicle.

As such this is an enquiry to see if you might know of anybody that would be interested in having their Coupe featured as part of the programme? We’re looking for a really nice example, original condition - potentially having had a resto -Coupe Deville. Preferably a 1962 but this is not essential by any means.

We would be looking to film in the LA area (most probably East of LA) in the week commencing Monday 10th December. Exact location is to be determined and is obviously partially subject to where the car is located.

Essentially we’re looking for someone who is proud of their vehicle and would like to see it featured on TV. If anybody is interested please email me: ollie@attaboytv.com or my colleague matt@attaboytv.com. Preferably if you could send some pics of your car it would be appreciated. We would require you and your car for the one day and would cover all expenses including travel / gas and provide a DVD of the finished programme after it has aired.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Attaboy Team

Your best bet for a show-quality car would be one of the Cadillac clubs in southern California. I just did a web search on "Cadillac clubs California" and turned up the Cadillac and LaSalle Club of Southern California:

They have a couple, Mike and Kitty Keenan, that feature a 1962 Coupe DeVille:

1962mkk1d.jpg

Their page on this car is here:

webpages/member_cars/1962mkk.html

I suggest that you get in touch with them through the club. The contact information on them as posted on the International Cadillac and LaSalle Club web site is

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (Los Angeles)

Rob Leonard, director

(310) 679-2803

leonardfamily@sbcglobal.net

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That is a beautiful 62 Jim, my parents had the same color sedan, but it was a Calais, good job

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

My favorite Coupe DeVille video is on an old link from this site:

I was just trying to help. The fellow needed a Southern CA show car, and web searches tend to give you local links, so I thought that I could help out a bit being on the West side of "the pond."

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived