CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1988 Sedan DeVille Door Panel Removal

docstan

I am attempting to remove the driver's door panel and would appreciate some advice. I have removed the 2 phillips screws from the door pull cover, the torx(?) screw from the door handle cover and popped the Christmas tree fasteners from around the door perimeter. My directions say there are screws behind the window control panel on top of the arm rest and screws located behind the lights at the rear and bottom of the arm rest. My problem is the instructions say to "pry" this panel and lights from the arm rest. The window/seat panel does have a notch at the rear but I don't see any notches around the lights. Now I can "pry" pretty much anything but am wondering if there is not a more delicate way to do this so I don't cause any damage that will prevent replacing these items. I (and my flat-head screw driver) thank you in advance for any support you can give. Once I get the panel off I may ask for some more advice regarding the window regulator or the plastic clip the cable runs in after I get a good look at the problem. Stan

That's an amazing video. I've bookmarked 1A Auto.com; they have their video library linked to their web site, and accessible through a make-model-year filter.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived