CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I know that I'm new here but I bought my sts seville black on black with 131k miles on it a few months ago been reading lots of topics about it I drive about 45 min to work back and forth 5 days a wk and I've been having overheating issues for about 3 months I took it to a gm dealership and they told me I needed a new water pump and my gas tank had a puncture in it but it would be 400 to drop the tank and 1200 if I needed it replaced clearly I don't have the money for that I did replace the water pum and I'm still getting overheating issues they told me it was not headgaskets tho I checked the purge line there is a constant flow but it is slow I was going to replace the radiator but wanted you guys help before I did so I love this car more than any other I've ever had I can't go anywhere without compliments but a headgasket replacement is not an option I still owe 4000+ on it it would be worth every penny I just don't have every penny to spare thank you guys this forum is awesome love Caddies....

Adrian 2

Adrian,

Go to Auto Zone and get the conbustion by-products test kit.

They will loan you the kit... you pay for the fluid... it's only about 10 bucks.

Check it yourself... don't believe the dealer.

Posted Image

First off, the water pump was probably good and not the cause of the overheatig. Don't replace the radiator until you do a combustion gas test on the coolant that Jim mentioned.

The GM dealership said it was not the headgaskets? How did they arrive at that conclusion?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived