CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

NEWBIE NEEDS SOME HELP! Have 68K on my 05 Deville, AC is charges to spec, compressor cycles etc.....Getting nothing but hot air out of the vents!

Any clues?

Also I have been noticing a smell of fuel that I believe is underhood.....Any ideas here?????

You state the A/C was charged to spec. - Was the refrigerant recovered, a vacuum drawn on the system and then 2.0 lbs. of refrigerant charged into the system? If so, and there are not any leaks, I would suspect an actuator is not performing correctly. Simultaneously press and hold the ON/OFF and INFO up buttons and the segments will go through the display test. ALL? will appear, press ON/OFF and then ALL CODES? will be displayed. Again press ON/OFF and write down the codes and post them here.

Repeatedly press the INFO RESET button to exit diagnostics or just turn the ignition off.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If the accumulator/dryer (under the hood) is getting cold then you know that the a/c is working and getting cold (and somewhere in the mixer) the cold air is just not getting into the cabin.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived