CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hay Folks

long day had to pull tank on 93 to repair the sending unit. Pump back in turn on key pump run 8 sec maybe no fuel to bleeder, no fuel to disconnected filter. whats up

Thanks

Make sure that it is indeed the fuel pump that you are hearing, not the air pump for the rear suspension. If the fuel pump is turning on but there is no fuel to the fuel filter, there are only a few very simple explanations:

• There is no gas in the bucket in which the fuel pump is immersed. From a dry situation, you may need to put in an extra gallon or two to make sure that the fuel pump is immersed.
  • There can be a circulation problem in the plumbing for the bucket that immerses the fuel pump. This should not be a problem is the tank is over about 1/4 full.
  • The fuel line may be clogged, pinched, or broken.

One thing that can be telling is to read the OBD codes and post them here so we can see what the car's modules are seeing.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks will ck when get back from church. Tank is 3/4 on working gauge, pump is running had hand on tank, also air pump kicked on also so not that, I might even have the return an supply line reversed just thought of that also. late when I buttoned her up.

Thanks

That's the good thing about a forum - you reply when you can, and so do your correspondents. We'll be looking for your post.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hay Ya'll well we are pumping fuel again, ended up dropping frt of tank an found the lines for fuel out and the plugged off vent line were reversed. That is the reason pump would reach pressure an shut down. So my Fault..... :fighting0025: Thanks for the response now a new topic comming up !!!!

in time grasshopper in time

Archived