CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Nov of last year i was in a accident in my etc. Im in the process of repairing it, the drivers side quarter panel was crushed right past the door and in front of the rear tire. When i drive the car the rear seems to bounce around it seems the rear drivers is very stiff?? upon inspecting it i noticed the rear wheel is pushed back closer to bumper than the pass side. Their is no side to side play just upper where the spindle meets the upper a-arm, i can see it moving back in forth when pushing on the top of the tire..Bushing?? i was hoping for a little direction in which parts should be replaced or will a alignment handle this.

check your knuckle bushings before anything else. With car on ground grab the top of the tire and pull in and out. If it clunks they are shot. I have changed countless sets. They make the car bounce sideways over bumps. I use dorman kit. It comes with both the upper and lower bushing/joint. and the install sleeves. I have done multiple writeups on them. one just a few months ago.

part number is 905-504. dorman.

Amazon has them for 33.23 free shipping. I usually get them from them. I believe rockauto has them also

Other companies sell them individually and are more expensive

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I bought a set from rock auto last night and what you described is exactly what its doing. Now about the spacing of the wheel, would the bushing throw this off also?

The bushings will solve the bump steer issue but won't do anything for the issue where the wheel is closer to the bumper. Check the rear suspension components for damage. It's also possible the bumper is pushed forward.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The bushings will solve the bump steer issue but won't do anything for the issue where the wheel is closer to the bumper. Check the rear suspension components for damage. It's also possible the bumper is pushed forward.

exactly. The bumper may be moved. But check the measurements with a tape measure to compare. Please post a pic of the side in question

GM FAN FOREVER

does it drive funny, Pull excessively? have you had the alignment checked? Hopefully you can see something obvious with the wheel off

GM FAN FOREVER

IMAG0801.jpg

this was the only obvious thing i could find. i already ordered a set of bushings, it bounces sideways over bumps it doesn't pull excessively and tracks straight.

wow that bushing looks shot. if the ball popped out of the joint then that could be your spacing issue

GM FAN FOREVER

looks like it took it well. volvos are heavy cars. the body repair looks pretty good. Rocker repair sucks

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived