CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hastighetsmätarproblem Fleetwood -93

Hultstrom

Hej,

Min hastighetsmätare fungerar sämre och sämre. Den går ibland ett tag och sedan lägger den plötsligt av, dvs visar 0. Jag har bytt VSS-givare på växellådan redan, funkar ändå inte. Någon trodde att det kunde vara själva instrumentklustret som var paj, men när det inträffar så får jag även motorvarningslampan tänd och en felkod på att VSS-signalen är fel vilket får mig att tro att felet ligger mellan givaren och databoxen. Någon som känner igen problemet eller vet någon som kan fixa sånt här? Vanliga bilverkstäder är ju helt vilsna i dessa bilar...

What is the pointer and code you are receiving for the VSS? My guess is you have a intermittent connection in the wiring between the VSS and the engine control computer.

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER side of the temp rocker. After the segment check, -00 will be displayed. That is the "pointer". Pressing OUTSIDE TEMP will toggle between the pointer and the trouble code. Use the FAN UP/DN to increment/decrement the pointer.

Pointers -00 thru -04 contain the trouble codes. Current codes are two digits and history codes have three digits with a "1" as the first digit. The second and third digits are the trouble code. For example 32 would be a current code and 132 would be the same code although a history code.

Pointer # Parameter Display Range Default value

-00 ECM Trouble Codes

-01 CCM Trouble codes

-02 ECC Trouble codes

-03 SIR (Airbag) trouble Codes

-04 ABS/TCS Trouble Codes

-05 Program number 0-255

-06 Commanded blower motor spd 0-128

-12 Vehicle speed in MPH

-16 Sun load sensor assy 200+ = Dark 240

150- = light

-17 Current temp. valve position 0-255

-19 Temp valve pos. (full hot) 180-250 180

-20 Temp valve pos. (full cold) 5-60 60

-21 Coolant temperature degrees C 90

-22 Commanded temp valve pos. 0-255

-24 Air delivery mode 0-7

-25 Inside air temp sens Value increases as temp. decreases

-28 Outside air temp asm Value increases as temp. decreases

In Sweedish (From Google Translator):

Vad är pekaren och koden du får för VSS? Min gissning är att du har en intermittent anslutning i ledningar mellan VSS och motorns styrdator.

Samtidigt håller OFF och varmare sidan av temp rocker. Efter segmentet kontroll, kommer -00 visas. Det är "pekare". Genom att trycka utetemperatur kommer växla mellan pekaren och felkoder. Använd FAN UP / DN för att öka / minska pekaren.

Pekare -00 thru -04 innehåller felkoder. Aktuella koder är två siffror och koder historia har tre siffror med en "1" som första siffra. De andra och tredje siffran är den felkoder. Exempelvis 32 skulle vara en aktuell kod och 132 skulle vara samma kod, även om en historia kod.

Pointer # Parameter Display Range Standardvärde

-00 ECM felkoder

-01 CCM felkoder

-02 ECC felkoder

-03 SIR (Airbag) felkoder

-04 ABS / TCS felkoder

-05 Programnummer 0-255

-06 Anförda fläktmotor SPD 0-128

-12 Fordonshastighet i mph

-16 Sön lastgivare Assy 200 + = Mörk 240

150 - = ljus

-17 Aktuellt temp. ventilläget 0-255

-19 Temp ventil pos. (full varm) 180-250 180

-20 Temp ventil pos. (full kall) 5-60 60

-21 Kylmedel temperatur grader C 90

-22 Anförda temp ventil pos. 0-255

-24 Air leveranssätt 0-7

-25 Inuti lufttemp sens värde ökar när temp. minskar

-28 Utanför lufttemp asm Värde ökar när temp. minskar

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The code i'm getting is 00-24. From what i've understood that is the code for an incorrect vss-signal. I've been unable to track the cable since it disapears between the transmission and the bodywork. Do those two cables run directly to the computer?

• 1 month later...

There is a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) module behind the left side of the instrument panel left of the steering column. That module is electrically between the vehicle speed sensor on the transmission and the instrument panel cluster.

The signal wire rom the speed sensor to the VSS module are purple/yellow and the wire from the VSS module to the IP cluster (speedometer head) is dark green with a white stripe. I hope this helps. I can send the wiring diagram if you would like.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I sent the wiring diagram and the trouble shooting section to your email yesterday evening. Let me know what you discover.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Found a cheap VVS-buffer with the correct number so i tried switching but with no result... The mechanic working on the car says that the pin on the ECM where the VVSB is supposed to connect has an output of 5v? That can't be right, can it? Afraid my ECM might be toast but if it was it would be odd that this function is the only one failing?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, the problem has been sorted out although i'm not sure exactly what they did. The invoice stated that they had changed the speed sensor, vss-buffer and instrument cluster... Needless to say it ended up beeing pretty expensive, i doubt all of those things were broken but the parts ar way cheaper than the mechanics hour fee so i guess it was the ringt way to go. I was hoping that i would be able to provide some useful information to other Fleetwood owners, but this is all i have...

Thanks to KHE who provided a lot of useful documentation about the Fleetwood that are unavailable here in Sweden. Without that info i doubt that the mechanic would have been able to fix the problem.

Fabriken shop manual för årsmodell 1997 har en schematisk på sidan 60270 som visar VSS ansluta direkt till PCM. Kablarna är märkt YEL och PPL och ansluta ot stift 7 och 8 i kontakten C2 på PCM. Ingen koppling eller skarv visas mellan VSS och PCM.

Jag har funnit att en kylvätska läcka kan orsaka en intermittent VSS. Det beror på att kylvätska spill slang droppar kylvätska på VSS när bilen är i rörelse. Kolla in slangar på överspänningsskydd tanken och även kolla värmeelementet gemensamma jordbrukspolitiken för att se till att du inte förlorar lite kylvätska när du kör.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived