CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fast right signal with lights on

maremrak

My right signal light blinks normaly, but fast when I turn the lights on. Is it a bad ground? Anyone experienced this? Any comments highly appreciated.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Sounds like a blown bulb. Check in a dark area and look closely at the rear lights(and the front for that matter). I had a similair situation awhile back and at first glance I couldn't see the blown bulb. So I had my friend take a look and he was able to see it as I worked the lights and brakes.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I believe it was Logan (correct me if I am wrong!) who realized that the back-up bulb sockets out of a 2000+ Deville will fit the 92-97 STS's. It is a newer style socket, and not bound to corrode like the traditonal STS ones.

I have not changed mine out, but then again they are not very problematic. If they were, I would do it in a heartbeat to save me the stress!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

You are correct that the later MODEL BACK UP LIGHTS WORK NICELY to solve the problem, HOWEVER they are not available from GM as a pig tail unit yet . You also cannot buy the wireing assembly and cut the pig tails off of it. YOU have to buy the entire backup light assembly which when i checked was just under ;500.oo ,. If you will page back a couple of weeks the part number you need is listed .

Archived