CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

255/45 or 225/55-17s??

KrisR

Help me decide! :D

I need to order four new tires for my STS. I will be getting some 17x8", 30mm-offset wheels for it. I am torn between 225/55-17 (same diameter as factory, but may look narrow on an 8"-wide wheel???) and 255/45-17s (2% shorter than stock, which is negligible to me, would look better on the wide wheels).

Any thoughts?

I will post pics when all is said and done.

Definetly go with the 255/55R17's. The stance will be dynamite!

I have 225/60R17s on my STS right now. They look sort of dorky, cause they're tall and thin. The 225 tread looks OK with the stock 16 inch wheels, but seems to thin (visually) with 17's. I didn't necessarily seek these tires out though...they were brand new and my Dad was taking them off his Deville.

I can only sigh, and hope that someday I will have a 255 tread on mine too.

I hope this steers you in the best direction!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

• 1 month later...
go shallow! wide tires look good thin!

I like wide tires so I'd take those they look like they have a very mean stance with the nice wide tires!!!!!!!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

You might want to consider a P255-50-17 tire. They are the exact same diameter as the stock size (I am assuming yours came with a 225-60-16). They will fill out your wheelwells and give you a little more sidewall cushion to help keep that Cadilac ride! Tire Rack has a Fuzion ZRi tire that looks like a very nice summer tire and they are only $108 each!

You might want to consider a P255-50-17 tire. They are the exact same diameter as the stock size (I am assuming yours came with a 225-60-16). They will fill out your wheelwells and give you a little more sidewall cushion to help keep that Cadilac ride! Tire Rack has a Fuzion ZRi tire that looks like a very nice summer tire and they are only $108 each!

108$ each can't complain there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

They are a summer tire only for sure if you look at the pictures! I will be able to rate them by mid next summer for you. (I will be installing some after it stops snowing here in Michigan) I figured at that price, as long as they last 25,000 miles I'd get my money's worth, and I'll be bored with them by then and want new ones anyway!

Archived