CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1979 eldo baritz

eldoman95

im talking about a 1979 eldorado baritzz for sale thats in mint condish. white leather interoir. 4.1 v6, an elderly woman drove it 3 times a year to visit her grandaughter in minnisota. less than 63000 miles. do you think its a good buy for $3100.00 leather top.

I'd be a little leary if your considering for a daily driver . A few years back I purchased an extremely low mileaged original . At first it was great , then the more I drove it the more things needed replaced . It started w/ alt , then starter , then master cylinder , yada yada . I think it would have been a great show car or weekend cruiser but it didn't have the reliability for daily driver . I talked to a couple others that had similar stories . My opinion . Scott

Those are gorgeous cars! I would love to have one for a hobby car, show car, or weekend cruiser but I wouldn't want to have to depend on one for a daily driver. Even with low miles, time takes its toll on cars, too. Twenty-five year old cars can develop all kinds of strange problems just due to their age. You might also find parts are begining to be hard to find.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

:lol: I'm laughing out loud at this because I am in the show horse business and it's an old story that people ask your advice on what horse to buy and right after you tell them not to buy - THEY DO!

You've already done the deed, Eldoman, so here's my advice to you now - don't listen to the naysayers (it's too late now) and don't go into a bad case of buyer's remorse. Just enjoy the car based on your own experience and if it turns out to be bad experience, you can learn from that too.

Besides, if you had bought an STS, we couldn't call you Eldoman anymore!

So what year is it? They 79 Biarritz came with an Oldsmobile 350. If it has a 4.1 (which is a V8, not a V6), it has to be a 83-87. That 4100 engine is a piece of crap. It's only 125hp and has a kazillion recalls.

Good luck with it.

There was a Buick 4.1 V6 that was used in a few Cadillacs in either '80 or '81 but the '79 Eldorado should have the Olds 350 though.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

three.... trans fluids pink, oil has 1200 miles on it, yet its still almost clear! new alternator, shocks, radiator, battery. take notice of the stainless steal top!

post-3-1099931237.jpg

another frontal! beautiful condish, little rust here and there, but i love it, but man its a little different in the speed department! i hope this is the second in my collection of eldo's. ive decided to fix my 95 , sorry to get everyones hopes up!

post-3-1099931505.jpg

I know why you fell in love with it --- it's the color! ;)

photo-36.jpg

heres two, and i found it to be an 82, i love it either way, its the 4100

I always liked the Barritz and d'Elegance interiors.

The key to a long life on the 4100 engine is regular coolant changes and use of the cooling system sealer pellets.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Use the Bar's Leaks powder. On the HT-4100 engine, you can add it to the radiator before filling it with coolant.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

aaaahhhhhh I love the interior on those suckers.. my uncle had one and it was so freggin nice.. why can't they make new cars like that.. I know it doesn't handle as well as the new ones but shesh when you just want to float down the street you can't beat it

Not much in the performance department, huh? Reminds me of a girl I used to know - she wasn't much of a dancer; but, boy, could she intermission!

Not much in the performance department, huh? Reminds me of a girl I used to know - she wasn't much of a dancer; but, boy, could she intermission!

By the way guys, it's pronounced BE A RITZ and it's spelled biaritz.

Iknow, I've heard people say BARITZ like it's things you put in your hair if your a girl, but 'tain't right.

It's like d 'elegance. People say Dee Elegance and it's French and the apostrophe is in there because, in French, you can't have to e's together so they put in the apostrophe where the first e is supposed to be. The correct pronunciation is DEL E Gance with no pauses, like DELEGANCE, man. Even your Caddy salesman doesn't know that.

2 cars are better then 1....great lookin eldo....i wanted one bad but stayed far away after seein a 4.1 in em.....wonder how hard it would be to put a 4.9 in one of them?

good idea, should ask that guy doing the GTP, but then again, the car has all numbers matching, i think its worth the most that way.

By the way guys, it's pronounced BE A RITZ and it's spelled biaritz.

Iknow, I've heard people say BARITZ like it's things you put in your hair if your a girl, but 'tain't right.

You were half right. It IS pronounced "be uh RITZ", but it's spelled biarritz, with two z's. It's the name of a popular vacation region of france.

I recently sold a '78 Eldo Custom Biarritz Classic, one of 500 w/ a glass sunroof, and the last of the big 'uns.

it's spelled biarritz, with two z's.

Isn't that two r's? Thanks for the info, I have always wondered what the significance of "Biarritz" is.

photo-36.jpg

Archived