CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

License Plate Holder, Hitch-Mounted: WHERE DOES IT GO???

davedog

I have a 2005 Cadillac SRX. I installed the GM Factory hitch a couple years back (Part Number: 12498654), and use the GM Factory bike rack in that hitch (Part Number: 12495707).

I haven't worried about the license plate being obscured because I'm normally just around town. Will be going on a road trip up north, and thinking it would be a good idea to get GM's "License Plate Holder, Hitch-Mounted" (GM Part Number: 12495709)

Does anybody have a clue where this gets installed? It fits a lot of GM vehicles, but I can't seem to find out where it mounts?

Here's a link showing this bracket:

http://www.gmpartszone.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=10850

I don't want to spend $30-$40 on this stupid thing without knowing where it goes first! :blink:

Thanks Guys!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Hmmm... I don't think I have ever seen one of those before. :unsure: The way I read it it almost sounds like you would actually bolt it right to the carrier itself. Like the back of one of these flat cargo carriers... That is what it looks like to me anyway. Don't know what your bike rack looks like, but if it's like mine I would think it would be hard to find a spot to mount if thats the case!

The plug connects to your wiring harness to illuminate the remote located plate I presume.

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

zip ties maybe for temporary?

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived