CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello again... This past weekend I checked the rear O2 sensor, checked the 20 pin transmission connector to diagnois my TCC code, cleaned my throttle body and IAC, and put on my Cold Air Intake... So before I began any work, I disconnected the battery. Before I disconnected, I checked everything, including the TPMS sensors and all 4 registered... After I did all the work, I reconnected the battery and now the RF tire isnt reading pressure, all its showing is "----RF----" the other 3 reset after driving for a few minutes... I did a quick search but didnt find an answer... Is the TPMS unit bad or is it possible I just need to have my system reset? TIA

Thanks Jim... Can I reset it myself? I thought I needed the special tool... If I do, I will have a shop reset it for me.

Thanks Jim... Can I reset it myself? I thought I needed the special tool... If I do, I will have a shop reset it for me.

I use a strong horseshoe magnet to reset the TPM in my car. I believe you hold the lock and the unlock buttons on the key fob until the horn chirps. Then hold the magnet next to the valve stem on the LF tire until the horn chirps. Then move to the RF tire, when the horn chirps, hold the magnet next to the RR tire anf then go to the LR tire.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Use a large magnet. If this procedure fails, try a magnet with greater flux density.

1) Ignition ON.

2) Press LOCK + UN-LOCK key fob buttons simultaneously until the horn chirps.

3) Starting with LF wheel, hold the magnet in contact with the valve stem

until the horn chirps. Then RF, then RR, then LR. After LR, the horn

will chirp twice to indicate the relearn was successful.

There is a timer running that allows 1 minute between wheels and

5 minutes total elapsed time.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived