CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

BACK-UP LAMPS CTS 2004

DEN1000

..........2004 CTS.. NO TRUNK LAMPS,,NO BACK UP,,NO TAG/LICENSE PLATE LAMP...3RD BRAKE LIGHT WORKS.,,,.,CHANGED OUT 10 AMP ,TRUNK LAMP CLUSTER FUSES ,,,UNDER REAR SEAT,.,,.AM I MISSING ANOTHER FUSE OR RELAY???/ DENNNIS1000@NETSCAPE.NET

Seems a long shot, but Relay 017 in the engine compartment effects the rear lights also.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=375993&ukey_make=1023&ukey_model=14463&modelYear=2004&ukey_category=19397&ukey_driveLine=0&ukey_TrimLevel=0&ukey_modelRange=0&searchString=

0311286D02-028.JPG

88953222 RELAY. RELAY. A/C Electrical. Back Up Lamp. Capsule/Headlamp/Fog Lamp. Emission Control System. Engine Air Cooling. Fuel Pump. Headlamp/Fog Lamp/Turn Signal. Horn. Instrument Panel/Interior Lamp Switch. Main Wiring Junction and Fuse Block. Rear Compartment Lid Release or Ajar. Rear Window Defogger. Safety Starting Switch Or Speed Sensing. Stop Lamp Switch. Tail Lamp. Transmission Safety Start/Warning. Transmission Safety Starting Switch Or Speed Sensing. Turn Signal & Cornering Lamp. Voltage and Glow Plug. (Electrical)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'm the (constructively) lazy sort, so I would start with troubleshooting the trunk courtesy lamp simply because it's the easiest. I'm also (dangerously) assuming all three problems share the same cause. Have a look at this wiring drawing. The current flow path is from the INT LAMP RELAY via S2 and C322 to the trunk courtesy lamp. From the lamp, current flows through the TRUNK DIODE and the rear compartment lid ajar switch (when it's closed) to ground completing the circuit via ground G402.

2004_CTS_Trunk-1.jpg

If you find and repair the open circuit causing the trunk courtesy lamp to fail in its duties, odds are you will have fixed your other two problems as a bonus. As an extra added incentive I'll point out the license plate lamp and the backup lamps also have their circuits completed to ground via the same G402. How's that for a coincidence?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived