CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

power locks and trunk going crazy

so heres the issue i have a 93 devil 107 k and yesterday i found the trunk open i closed it issue solved so today i drove it radio on but volume off and now i turned the car off locked it with a viper alarm 5900 now the trunk and doors are unlocking and the trunk is popping uncontrollable . so i started it and it poped as well so i tied down my trunk did the drive of shame home and the trunk closed during driving and no is shut. so i got home tried to recreate the constant locks and trunk and nothing. my first thought is the battery but i replaced it in dec of 2010 and its a optima red top. soi pulled the fuses and checked the switches and found out my rear left door had a pinched wire that i guess got into the screws third and was making the lock activate. on the rear doors both of them the top part of the lock unlock doesn't work but the lock does so im thinking bad switches. the truk and doors are on different circuits so whats going on here

sounds to me like the remote alarm unit is going bad. I suggest disconnecting it and monitoring the issue

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

they do very whacky things when they start to go bad. no joke. Especially in Cadillacs and other high option vehicles

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived