CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sun Shade

If you don't have the side windows tinted I would do that first.

The actual sunshield to fit in the window my favorite functionally would be one that is reflective insulated material as opposed to the cardboard ones, but I don't like having either loose in the car between uses. I am interested to hear what others are doing.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I ordered the UVS 100 Sun Shade. I saw it was recommended here on CaddyInfo. This vendor offered free shipping.

http://www.carcoversdirect.com/products/accessories/window_cover/5/cadillac/2007/cts//2/?productKeyword=Interior+Window+Cover%3B+UVS100+Heat+Shield%3B+

If you don't have the side windows tinted I would do that first.

The actual sunshield to fit in the window my favorite functionally would be one that is reflective insulated material as opposed to the cardboard ones, but I don't like having either loose in the car between uses. I am interested to hear what others are doing.

I agree, if the key is to keep the heat out then its pointless to block the windshield when every other window is uncovered. However if the key is to save the dash from cracking then anything will do.

I personally have used the chrome looking reflective lightweight reflectors. In my DTS I had black leather and 20% tinted windows and with that sunshield it stayed considerably cooler in there then my current fleetwood with black interior and no tinted windows. That flexible chrome sunshield, with the consistency of a bubble wrap sheet, folded up pretty well and could be jammed under a seat if needed.

my .02

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I have the Covercraft UVS100 and I just flat out love the thing. It's a bit pricey at nearly 50 bucks (+ $5.95 for the faux leather case), but it really keeps the heat down in the car and, of course, protects the dash etc. from fading.

It's an accordion style custom cut to fit your windshield precisely. Reflective on the outside and felt covered on the inside. Looks as good as it works. Pure class all the way!

UVS100.jpg

http://www.covercraf...heat_shield.htm

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived