CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

If I had the Money.

Cupillac

If I had the money, my dream car which is my 1996 STS black on black, would be finished.

I would put 18"rims on a larger set of my Michelin tires, but with the bigger meat on the back, eg. Mercury Marauder

Brand new leather seats.

RWD

and the darn supercharger!

Nothing wrong in wishing.

What would you do?

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

5th Gen STS (98-03) preferably a 2003 STS Black on black

Black out all the chrome

Drop the car an inch all around with coilovers and not springs

18' racing wheels and tires...real sticky tires!

Supercharger!!!

Higher stall converter

Heavy Duty 4T80E tranny

Alpine sound system without subs just amps..because the car would be heavier with subs

Front Recaro racing seats

and the list goes on.....

MAN! it's fun to wish and dream :D

I had/have the same "vison" for my car!

So far I have achieved a little bit of the "whole package".

My "Dream car",

-1995 Cadillac STS consisting of...

Wheels...

*17 inch new CTS (and now 05 STS) wheels (this is what I have got so far). I know they are only an inch bigger, but I love their design. I revieved them via Cardio-Doc. Great deal!

*Wider tires for a macho stance...this I will have to wait on, as I only have a 225 tread on there right now... I hope to go to a 255 tread in the future.

Drivetrain...

*The performance is more than satisfying for me, however I would love to get some Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers for a more muscular roar when you open 'er up!

Interior...

*Send my steering wheel to American Stitches (american-stitches.com) and have them re-do it with the wood inserts, like on the newer Caddy's. (I drool at the thought of it in my hands! lol) This woul;d cost me over $500 Canadian, but it is still tempting!

Exterior...

*The styling is perfect by me. Although I wish more modern looking headlamps were offered to replace whats there. The old style lamps are the only thing that make the cars front end look dated. I have considered the fact that BMW 3 series lamps fit in the cavity well...but I don't want a BMW look! Just somthing more like the 98+ STS's lights. Imports seem to have a million options for cool looking headlamps. Not that I want a ricer look...just a more modern one.

*I have converted the rear lights to LEDs, and also have sequential turn signals. I figure this mod. makes me a safer driver, as I love using my turn signals, to show them off!

*Most of all, over everything else...

A perfect finish on the paint. I would love to take a week off of "life", so I could wet-sand out the orange peel (it's pretty bad in some areas) and repolish, then polish out all the swirls, and then put a few layers of some carnuba wax (s-100 preferably). I always want to allot a week end to do this... but you can't just put life on hold, as much as you want to sometimes!

It's coming along!...

post-3-1098845247.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I'd get a 2000 STS and get a custom STS-i package. All black. White and blue leater insude, all wood, get a custom ultra-modified LS6 custom made with RWD, and a tremec 6 speed. Custom CArcomputer built in with in the fly tuning and monitoring. not to mention nice fat rubber, and ..

well that is all a dream

STS Scott, that car is super sharp with those CTS wheels. Are those machined finished, or polished, or both? They gleam like chrome, but look to have a machined finish. I like those better than any Cadillac wheel I've seen so far I think.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

96 o 97 STS, black on black. windows all around at 20% tint. a 200HP increase via a dryshot from Nitrous Express... Droped 1.5" front 1" rear, 17" rims with tires 40 thick. put rim adapters on to bring rims out a 1/2" for a wider stance. EXHUST! talkin ceramic coated headers, high flow cat, 3" pipes from the header back. no mufflers for me... if its too load ill get some flowmaster muffs. 2 15" Kicker L7's with a 3000 watt amp and more capacitors than i can fit in my trunk. a true ram air would be nice, hell were talkin about our dreams! right? id put a blower on the darn motor like a sandcar with a Northstar! turbos on top of superchargers. oh if money grew on trees. :D

1993 Allante(with Northstar), I would swap out the engine for a 1994 or 95 L37 Northstar(300hp/295 bl ft torque) engine. Supercharger bolted up to heavy-duty 4T80E with true Posi-diff. Lower it about 1". Wider and stickier tires. High flow exhaust, with custom high flow headers. Ported and polished cylinder heads. Heavy-duty engine mounts. Heavy-duty valve springs and lifters. Heavy-duty drive axles. Thats about all I can think of right now. :lol:

A man can dream........ :)

1997 STS Dark Blue W/Roof, AWD,LS6 twin turbo,air to air intercooler 3" inch exhaust turbo back, ram air for each turbo, alcohol injection that comes on at 10lbs boost. Lowered 1" around, 18 x 8 wheels I have now with Mich pilot mxx3 with 1" rim guard, 14" brembos.

And about 15 different cars. B) That would be the life!!!!!!!!!!!

Playn PowerBall Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My 1992 Eldorado Touring Coup actually was my dream car ever since i first got into caddies, and I've amost done everything I want to do this car. Future mods include:

Build my own custom built sub box

Replace leather on front seats, or just replace the whole seats, with ones with heated seats (the ONLY option my car doesn't have)

some sort of HID headlight kit

repaint bumpers

Now on to my new dream car....I would LOVE to have a 2002 ETC, the red one, with all the factory extras - including sunroof. I saw one once red with a black leather interior, and the seats had red leather centers to them...i want THAT setup....it was AWESOME!!!

As long as money isn't an issue, and XLR would be nice too...LOEV that car!

p6090007.jpg

p4030041.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

jadcock,

Thanks for the complement!

Yes they are a "polished finished". I don't really think they are machined. They are almost as shiny as chrome...but they have a hazy-ness to them, which is cool, because when the sun hits them, they seem to glow, rather than "twinkle" as chrome would.

Scott

Those wheels look great! Those are stockers off of a new CTS? Is the offset correct on them? With a 255-50-17 tire I would rate them a perfect 10 in the looks department.

I'm in need of new tires for my 97 STS and was considering just installing 255-55-16's on my stock wheels.... but what to do now??????????? :blink::blink::blink:

Yeah, that is the tire size I was keeping in mind. (255/50R17). I hope they don't rub to much though. The 225/60R17's that are on the wheels now (they were free hand-me-downs from my Dad's car) are sort of stodgy looking, and they rub when the steering is hard-over from being to tall. The 255/50R17 is a lower profile, but would rub from being to wide...just not to much I hope.

As for the offset, it is fine. The wheels are OEM GM stuff, so there is no problem there.

Here's a close up of the wheel if you guys are interested...

post-3-1098926950.jpg

Scott

Archived