CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sound system upgrade on a 1996 Eldorado, please help.

Caddyjag

My dad just recently bought a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado with the base radio. We want to upgrade the system to a BOSE unit. I don't have an idea what to do other than changing the speakers and radio. Is there any wiring replacing that needs to be done? Amp? Could I buy more recent BOSE equipment from another Eldorado? Like a 2000-2002. What to look for? Does it need to be programmed? I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Caddyjag

You can only use a radio unit from a 1996-1997. I actually have one for sale currently.

I will PM you with more info shortly

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

i have a 96 seville with bose. replaced 1 rear speaker. looked at a few non-bose cars in junkyards. bose/non-bose cars seem to have same speakers in this vintage. no external amp or sound processing box to be found. seems each speaker has mini-amp. my HU does have DSP which i never use. i would imagine little to no difference in sound quality from my system to yours. i base this comment on the fact that both systems use the same speakers/amps. the non-bose speaker boxes in doors are labeled bose. did i find a non-bose car that someone added bose speakers too? or maybe it was a bose car that someone swapped out the bose HU to a non-bose HU?

it is possible. Bose speakers have 2 plugs to each speaker, 1 for the amp and the other for the speaker. There is alot of wiring invoolved in the swap and I know I have touched on it before. Iwanted to convert my 96 Deville and it was just too much work. On top of all the wiring, you have to add amps, change the radio unit and the radio reciever. that is alot. I havent heard of one completing a project like this.

My 96 Deville has base system with 12 disc changer that I installed

my 97 Seville has the full Bose system

GM FAN FOREVER

sorry my schedule tends to be very hectic. I am trying to find my thread that explains the differences and pinouts pertaining to the 96-97 entertainment system

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived