CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Leaky Moonroof

Rigor

Hello...

I have a major leak and taking on water in rear back floor, and seats..

Are there Drain Holes for Moonroof's on 1993 eldorado, I seen 2 in front of roof, but the Rear part I can see and seems water is comming in there and getting everything in back of car wet,

I had a hose on the roof and all rear seats out and water is comming on the sides of the inside panels of car, more so on driver's side, but still on pass. side, I have checked forums and read 1 topic, where someone said there are Rear Drain, holes, ??

Any help would be great, and I am trying to dry car in the next few days...

I Masked the Monroof off, so no more can get in,

Is there a new seal, you can get, or so Advice from anyone here?

Thank you in advance and hope to here some good news..

I have a 1993 Touring Coupe, dark green and 54k miles... Mint Shape, untill the Water broke Loose on me.. Feel aweful sick ATM, Darn Rain made me ILL....

Thanks again Rigor

Assuming yours is a factory installed sunroof, there are drain tubes at all four corners of the roof. It sounds like your problem is with the rear drain tubes and, unfortunately, those are the hardest to get to.

The tubes are a rubbery plastic material and run inside the rear quarter panels behind the upholstery then down behind the sides of the trunk liner and exit through the trunk floor just inboard and forward of the rear wheels.

I would first try to clear the tubes with a length of semi-stiff wire. You'll probably have to work from underneath the car since you can't get at the tops of the tubes without taking things apart. Be gentle with the wire so you don't damage the tubes!

If you find the tubes aren't plugged, the problem will most likely be that they are damaged or disconnected. You'll have to pull the sides of the trunk liner and/or interior quarter upholstery panels loose to inspect them. Post back if you need help with that.

Unless the glass sunroof panel gasket is totally shot, I wouldn't replace it. The gasket can't keep all the water out so the drainage system is there to handle the water that gets past it.

Good luck!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Hello...

I have a major leak and taking on water in rear back floor, and seats..

Are there Drain Holes for Moonroof's on 1993 eldorado, I seen 2 in front of roof, but the Rear part I can see and seems water is comming in there and getting everything in back of car wet,

I had a hose on the roof and all rear seats out and water is comming on the sides of the inside panels of car, more so on driver's side, but still on pass. side, I have checked forums and read 1 topic, where someone said there are Rear Drain, holes, ??

Any help would be great, and I am trying to dry car in the next few days...

I Masked the Monroof off, so no more can get in,

Is there a new seal, you can get, or so Advice from anyone here?

Thank you in advance and hope to here some good news..

I have a 1993 Touring Coupe, dark green and 54k miles... Mint Shape, untill the Water broke Loose on me.. Feel aweful sick ATM, Darn Rain made me ILL....

Thanks again Rigor

Here's a post that's similar to yours. The info will tell you how to locate the drain holes/lines, how to fix, what to watch out for, and even some pictures included. Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...t=0entry27816

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived