CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Future Cadillac Deville

kdaddy

:) I had the opportunity to look at the Seville replacement on GMs Cadillac site. Its obvious that Cadillac is going in a new direction. However, the Deville is the only model that retains softer lines and a less "edgy" look. Does anyone know when the Deville will change and what it may look like?

I guess I'll make this a two part question

:) What does everyone think about the "new" direction Caddy is taking?

My guess is that cadillac retained the softer look on this model because many older cadillac owners have this model. They are probably trying not to offend their more traditional buyers with that "edgy" look. I'm sure that sales will play the biggest part in when a redesign will occur. If sales of their newer models climb and sales on that perticular model decrease substantually, a redesign will surely follow.

Well, I have been driving Cadillacs since 1970 and I NEVER did like the softer look

I prefer the look of the CTS over the current de Ville.

As I remember, an earlier post said that the next Deville will be a 2006 model. No word on what it will look like but it WILL be a rear wheel drive.

The recently released picture of the 2005 RWD STS does not have the the very angular lines of the CTS.

Who knows what the 2006 Deville (which, by the way, will be known as the DTS insted of Deville) will look like. I would guess that like the CTS, the DTS will offer Sedan, Luxury and Sport Models.

Archived