CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Katech CTS-V 396

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0411phr_katech/

For about $35K to $40K over the price of a new CTS-V (exact pricing hasn’t been set), Katech will do one of its K-Series conversion on your CTS-V at its Clinton Township, Michigan engineering facility, or for $85K to $90K they can buy the car for you and do the complete turnkey deal. At the heart of the K-Series is a 6.5-liter (396 cubic inches for us knuckle draggers) LS6 making 525 flywheel horsepower at 6,200 rpm and an extra-fat 510 ft.-lbs. of torque at 4,800 rpm.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Wow, great article... Thanks Bruce! ;)

"By the end of the day, all who drove the K-Series Stage 1 were irrevocably addicted to the sedan’s power. This is one intense g-Machine and this day will not be forgotten by us for many years. "

That says it all! Good reading, can almost hear that 6.5L roar! B) Lot's of goodies there! 275/35R19 tires, 10.5:1 forged pistons, CNC-ported LS6 heads, 1.75-inch stainless steel headers, and a pair of electronically-activated exhaust cut-outs! Sweet!! :wub:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Well I guess I should have said, ithe HP IS impressive, but doing it for $30k isn't appealing :) considering you can buy a 600+HP engine for less than half that and drop it in any car you want :)

Archived