CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1977 Seville

there is a part inside the throat where the air comes in - black with a spring - it seems to be part of the fuel injection throat with a micro switch - it seems to control the idle speed - because it brings the idle down - nobody seems to know what this part is - I understand that it was only in the Seville and Eldorado in this year - help - the idle won't go down - I can push this part down in the space which it fits and then the idle goes down - went to the junk yards and couldn't find it - anybody have some insight?

a little more on this - in this 1977, it is NOT like the TPI (tune port injected) - this one is fuel injection to each cylinder - this part is part of the fuel injection throttle body/throat - anybody know what this part is called? how to identify it to find a replacement? help

a little more on this - in this 1977, it is NOT like the TPI (tune port injected) - this one is fuel injection to each cylinder - this part is part of the fuel injection throttle body/throat - anybody know what this part is called? how to identify it to find a replacement? help

Closed throttle switch?

I do not know - it consists of 4 pieces and I took a picture of it but could not post it here - the part is cylindrical identified BENDIX 1181835 on the top piece

0.1 AMP. - 125 VAC.

E C3

the top has two prongs then a spring with a brass varying cylinder piece that moves and the bottom is a what the brassvaryingcylinderpiece fits into

if you have an email, I can email the picture to you

If I am not mistaken... it is called a "FAST IDLE VALVE"...but I have no idea where you can get one.

Since your problem is it doesn't go down far enough... i it possible to use some shims on it?

If the dealer doesn't have it...maybe ebay??

Posted Image

Archived