CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 97 deville that will not start with one turn of the key, I have to turn it several time before it will start. Once I get running it run great, but if I stop someplace under 20 minutes it will start right away any time longer I have to turn it over several times before it will start. I have changed plugs, fuel filter and some sort of a cold start module and the gas tank pressure.

After the car sits for 20 minutes, what is the fuel pressure when it cranks for a long time? When you turn the key to ON (not START) do you hear the fuel pump run for approximately 2 seconds?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I have a 97 deville that will not start with one turn of the key, I have to turn it several time before it will start. Once I get running it run great, but if I stop someplace under 20 minutes it will start right away any time longer I have to turn it over several times before it will start. I have changed plugs, fuel filter and some sort of a cold start module and the gas tank pressure.

my 96 deville has a problem like this. almost every time it starts right up. on certain occasions it cranks a little longer.like 6 or 7 seconds. i was thinking a tune up may be in order. it has 45000 miles but i imagine the original wires and plugs. what are the typical tune up parts for this motor plugs wires fuel filter egr cleaning(i did have a code once) thanks guys.

Time has no affect on plugs. A new (unused) 30 year old plug is as good as the same plug purchased today. Mileage (usage) is what wears the electrodes.

Time has no affect on plugs. A new (unused) 30 year old plug is as good as the same plug purchased today. Mileage (usage) is what wears the electrodes.

Archived