rockfangd

like it or dislike it  

8 members have voted

1. 1. what is your opinion on the grille ornamet

• like it
    • dislike it
    • too much
    • have one also

I got lucky at my local salvage yard, I have to say it is so depressing seeing beautiful Cadillacs in a salvage yard, there was

3 97 Deville presidentials

1 98 Deville presidential

1. 96 Deville

1 99 Deville

2 eldorados

and 2 sevilles.

The thing that worried me is that all but one were in excellent shape, especially the fully loaded presidentials Which is very usuual for some odd reason. There has to be a good reason why such clean cars would be junked.

So anyways this post is to brag a part that I have spent alot of time looking for. A gold grill ornament for my 96 Deville, It came right off of a 96 and is near mint with very minor discoloring on the center section in the wword cadillac.

I have always wanted one for my 96 Deville because It just gives the extra touch to a professinal looking Deville.

My question is does anyone know how to properly install it onto my grille. It goes toward the driver side and the center section pops off to reveal a philips screw that goes all the way through the ornament. I want to install it on my deville properly without damaging it.

Also I am looking hard for a overhead switch console Shale color, with moonroof. compatible years are 1996-1997. It is for my 97 SLS. the tabs that hold the compartment shut are broken and it keeps popping open revealing the motor for the moonroof. Thanks all I would really appreciate the help

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

There has to be a good reason why such clean cars would be junked.

Sad to say, but most likely they all have failed HG's and the repair cost is more than the car is worth. There is no other reason to junk an otherwise nice car.

Update 3/6/11.

It cleaned right up and installed easily.I hope I placed it right

post-12985-129946906684_thumb.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

yes I do and it is also forming just above the headlights on top of the hood. seems to be another common spot. I say welcome to upstate NY. every year i have a few new spots to fix

GM FAN FOREVER

How come you don't spray in the areas with oil or rust check..?I Spray all of the under carriage with rust spray constantly in the fall and spring,just to keep everything lubed up and rustfree,it's so easy to do your self..

look1-1-1.jpg

The Ol' 94 doesn't have ONE spot of rust on it..!Every fall it gets a coating of some sort ot of antirust spray...always good..

look1-1-1.jpg

I always wash the salt off of it as often as possible too...As I hate to see it encrusted in salt and dirt...

look1-1-1.jpg

well oil doesnt always help because it can hold salt annd debris and cause more damage. I wash as often as possibble and flush the underside at least once a week. The rust that does exist was present when I purchased the car. for the mileage and condition I cannot complain

GM FAN FOREVER

Here in Oshawa Ontario Canada,the weather can be iffy,one day rain,the next day snow,just around the corner is a very good car wash...4Bucks will clean the salt off for a bit...

look1-1-1.jpg

people dont understand around here salt builds up quick and rots quickly. they pour the salt on the roads like there is no tomorrow around here

GM FAN FOREVER

I have a spot on my hood where the paint chipped off on the top right of the grill like yours. No rust though. The other common place is the bottom right corner of the rear license plate bracket on the deck lid. I see that on a lot of caddy's. I need to get that taken care of soon. I may end up just treating the rust and maybe put a very thin stick on chrome trim just under the bracket. It'll be an expensive fix to have a shop fix that. And not sure how good they'll match up the original Diamond white paint.

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

mine has the extremely common spots. Why all but 1 are common I have no idea

trunk lid at the very right bottom corner attracts dirt very fast

trunk lid below the license plate assembly, right side just below the backup light

below fuel door, if you look behind the quarter panel you will see this foam below the filler tube and it sucks the moisture right up.I have repaired it already but it is reoccuring.

hood. driver side top right near corner of the grille, small chip, also top above headlights bubbles up.

right rear door at top of door moulding tight in center of door.

the ones with landau tops like mine, the pillar on the back doors between the quarter window and side window.

Thats all I know. I see it all the time and the only one that makes sense is the one below the fuel door. All are extremely common around here from 94-99.

WHY!!! lol. cadillacs cant be perfect either lol.

Still rides like new :D

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived