CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Now I'm Getting confused

This morning I took out the 94 STS, and it ran PERFECTLY. Started er up,and there was no rough idle,no wisp of coolant,just ran as new! So I did some dashing around town and had it washed then off I go for a little Hiway blast and some all around pounding. Sustained 75 mph for perhaps 30 mins temp reading of no higher than 208F. Then some more around town stuff, maintaining no higher than 203F, came home and parked for half hour fired up again,no problem, the exhaust smelt a little gassy but clear and smooth. Checked codes..PO71(intermittent map signal) and that's it!Tomorrow afternoon I've an appointment at my buddy's rad shop for a test...WOW! :unsure::rolleyes::wacko:

look1-1-1.jpg

This morning I took out the 94 STS, and it ran PERFECTLY. Started er up,and there was no rough idle,no wisp of coolant,just ran as new! So I did some dashing around town and had it washed then off I go for a little Hiway blast and some all around pounding. Sustained 75 mph for perhaps 30 mins temp reading of no higher than 208F. Then some more around town stuff, maintaining no higher than 203F, came home and parked for half hour fired up again,no problem, the exhaust smelt a little gassy but clear and smooth. Checked codes..PO71(intermittent map signal) and that's it!Tomorrow afternoon I've an appointment at my buddy's rad shop for a test...WOW! :unsure::rolleyes::wacko:

I really hope you do "NOT" have the HG problem.

Maybe the MAP was causing the rough idle at startup??

Anyway... GOOD LUCK.. :hatsoff:

Posted Image

You like this car so much that I hope and pray its not the HG

Keep in mind that a cracked radiator will only leak under pressure and you will not see the leak as when the coolant hits the air it will vaporize

Do you smell coolant?

Check the cap, it may be having difficulty holding 16 psi and could have blown off

Check the heater pipes that wrap the rear of the engine for leaks and rust

Tighten hose clamps

Check the tank for cracks

Water pump seal

I have my fingers crossed for you

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Thanks,Jim yes maybe it is just a MAP signal,but maybe when the HG's are starting to go an array of things may start to occur....tomorrow's another day,we'll see!

look1-1-1.jpg

You like this car so much that I hope and pray its not the HG

Keep in mind that a cracked radiator will only leak under pressure and you will not see the leak as when the coolant hits the air it will vaporize

Do you smell coolant?

Check the cap, it may be having difficulty holding 16 psi and could have blown off

Check the heater pipes that wrap the rear of the engine for leaks and rust

Tighten hose clamps

Check the tank for cracks

Water pump seal

I have my fingers crossed for you

look1-1-1.jpg

Yes Mike, I've checked all of the things that you've outlined, the cap is a 1 month old AC/DELCO,I've smelt no coolant since I have tightened up any and all clamps,the coolant pipes look good considering the age,the rad is showing no signs of leakage,since all the hoses are hard and new there doesn't seem to be any problems that way. Tomorrow's test at the rad shop might let me know further...

look1-1-1.jpg

I've only added 1L/or Quart, but in December I had a lot of weepy type leaks from the lower rad hose hose(both ends). I thought it was because I changed the coolant in Nov. and I disturbed the seal of the clamps.I ended up changing the hose and clamps altogether since for some reason I couldn'nt get it to stop weeping. ALL of my hose clamps were loose everywhere!

look1-1-1.jpg

The test was NEGATIVE...the ol94 is good Thank the Northstar Gods....Replaced the MAP sensor all is good!It runs awesome now...I love this car!Yay!! :yupi3ti:

look1-1-1.jpg

I had them do 3 tests in arow...Negative each time! It turned out to be the MAP sensor...X fingers..The STS runs perfectly now :D

look1-1-1.jpg

I had them do 3 tests in arow...Negative each time! It turned out to be the MAP sensor...X fingers..The STS runs perfectly now :D

That is really good to hear...:yupi3ti:

WOT runs are always fun... :)... at least for me they are. :D

Posted Image

Archived