CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Reseting OBD II Codes..?

I know how to pull up the OBD but i was wondering if i could erase the codes that pop up becuase ive done it before but ive forgotten. And i just want to do this because i want to reset them and drive it so the current codes can pop up.

Thanks for viewing..

Ok wil this permanantly erase them and they wont ever come back?

It will erase them all for now...but if something "ELSE" happens...it will then display the "CURRENT" codes but not the old ones you have now.

Posted Image

So basically, if the code said (example) p0300 Current it means that its currently a problem, but if it said P0300 History, it meant it was a problem but is not currently a problem?

So basically, if the code said (example) p0300 Current it means that its currently a problem, but if it said P0300 History, it meant it was a problem but is not currently a problem?

Correct...

Posted Image

A "current" code will go to "history" after 3 ignition cycles without the fault being detected.

@Ranger, so if the code was reading "Current" after 3 ignition startups the code wil automatically be labeled "History" even if the problem hasn't been solved?

@Ranger, so if the code was reading "Current" after 3 ignition startups the code wil automatically be labeled "History" even if the problem hasn't been solved?

I'm not Ranger...but I think you misunderstood.

As long as the problem "STILL EXISTS" ... the code will stay "CURRENT"

Once the problem "NO LONGER EXISTS"... after three ignition cycles, it will go to "HISTORY"

Posted Image

Archived