CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

installing Bose radio in my 99 eldorado

David M

hi guys I need your help once again I got a Bose cd player off line and installed it had it unlocked but there is no sound coming from the speakers would I just have to install the bose speakers or add am amp or what thanks for any help David

hi guys I need your help once again I got a Bose cd player off line and installed it had it unlocked but there is no sound coming from the speakers would I just have to install the bose speakers or add am amp or what thanks for any help David

unlocked = OEM head unit.

asking about bose speakers = you had a non-bose system.

Not sure if you had "Active Audio". do you have an amp in the trunk?

If you have an AMP/"active audio", I would stick to that system. - but you will need to trash the BOSE & get another non BOSE head & have it unlocked.

to convert to BOSE:

More like a few amps. Unless you have singled out a particular donar car where you can grab the entire speaker & wireing system from, this can be a costly endeavour. Each speaker & amp can be costly as they are being sold singlely as replacements for existing system. In addition running the power & signal wires through the car to each speaker can be extremely tedious. Getting a radio head & unlocking it I estimate you are only at ~10% with cost, and ~10% work done. you have 90% akead in work & cost - (both searching for each componant, and wireing)

with

thats not to mention the history of the speakers and amps from the donor vehicle.

I can say from experience it is alot more work than what it is worth. I just bought another cadillac with BOSE lol.\

BOSE is FTW.

Cadillac systems are veery sensative. Each set of wires has a bare wire with foil insulation to block interference and this is especially important because you dnt want to juat cut things nd splice them back together.

If you do go for it Good luck and plesse keep in touch wit the progress

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived