CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Doors Unlock by themselves!!

So it all started when im driving down the road and the doors started unlocking themselves. Now the doors automaticly lock when the car is shifted into drive, but now they unlock while driving. they also try to unlock once already unlocked, and the noise is annoying. The worst part is that when i walked outside this morning, the car wasnt started yet, and the headlights were on as if i had already pressed the unlock button from the keypad and the doors are unlocked, but i didnt press anything yet. Same thing happened when i was walking out of the gym. This poses the obvious problem of my car being unlocked all the time at random. Any ideas?

Good idea, just take the battery out of BOTH your remotes and see if anything changes.

My wifes Jeep did that sometimes. We would just go in the garage and her lights were on. Never figured out what the problem was.

I know in my fleetwood info and repair they mention something about a common problem where the door locks would cycle while driving. I think it was dirty contacts on something in the car. Ill have to go back and look.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived