CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear windows and door locks dont work

vibystugan

Hi. My rear windows and door locks dont work. I have changed the controll unit in the drivers side door but that has not helped. Dose anny one have anny idears??? The lights in the front doors and in the roof dont eather work. But the rear lights in the roof work. Dose this have anny thing with this problem to do as well ? Thank you for youre help.

I would start with checking the fuses and reading out the OBD II codes. The main two fuse blocks are under the hood in front of the strut tower on the driver's side and in the trunk on the rear of the back seat.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Is there a BCM body control module in that car? Just another possibility.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

There is a PZM on the 1998 STS, which is the car on Viby's profile. In fact I think there's a PZM on just about all cars sold worldwide for at least the last ten years. You can find out quickly by running the OBD codes and watching for the PZM's turn to read its codes out. Hey, were are Viby's OBD codes???

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

There is a PZM on the 1998 STS, which is the car on Viby's profile. In fact I think there's a PZM on just about all cars sold worldwide for at least the last ten years. You can find out quickly by running the OBD codes and watching for the PZM's turn to read its codes out. Hey, were are Viby's OBD codes???

Hi sory was busy att work :) the only PCM code i gett is P0603..witch means Control Module long term memory reset. I changed the control module in the drivers side door a fiew days earlier because i thought that was the problem. do you have anny outher thoughts about the code?

If you are using a code reader, most of them that can be had for under $200 just read the PCM codes. Use the A/C buttons to activate the self-diagnostic mode and read out the codes on your driver's message center. See the link in my signature block for instructions.

From your posts, it could be a fuse or a ground, but it's not likely a computer module. The computer modules very rarely give trouble themselves, unless you hook jumper cables up backwards or make some similar catastrophic mistake.

If you are using a code reader, most of them that can be had for under $200 just read the PCM codes. Use the A/C buttons to activate the self-diagnostic mode and read out the codes on your driver's message center. See the link in my signature block for instructions.

From your posts, it could be a fuse or a ground, but it's not likely a computer module. The computer modules very rarely give trouble themselves, unless you hook jumper cables up backwards or make some similar catastrophic mistake.

Thanks Jim..i will check all the grounds in the car as soon as i have a chance :)

Here's some info that might help.

LHPW.gif

LFDM_I-O_DWG.gif

98_Seville_Door_Description.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived