CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Detroit News Review of CTS Coupe

Eldorado1

I like the description of passengers as observed while accelerating with the CTS-V coupe. It reminded me of some pranks I played with my 427 Corvette, like putting a $10 bill on the floor and letting them have it if they could reach it while I was in low gear. Nobody got it but I got tired of my dashboard being kicked.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

why no non-supercharged version? GM is known for badge engineering. they have 40 versions of the same car. buick, olds. pontiac, chevy. i believe they can afford to offer a standard V8 in the car. so 99% of CTS cars on the road now are V6. when i see one now, i think V6. what are the odds i will see a CTS-V in my neighborhood?

....what are the odds i will see a CTS-V in my neighborhood?

Slim to none. And CTS-V coupe will be even slimmer.

Cadillac does not expect to produce very many of the V versions and even fewer of the V coupe (the coupe MSRP is north of $74,000). There are only so many 20-30 year olds with the need and means for the bling.

Those models play havoc with GM's CAFE.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The odds are about 1 in $74,000.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

"The front end is more than aggressive, it's down right mean. Every time I drove up behind another car at a stop light, I half expected the driver in front of me to get out and hand over his lunch money. Call it intimidation through design."

:P :P :P

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

my buddy gets a work car. used to be in the 50k range. now company has too cut back so he got a new infiniti G37x. we had 4 people in car and it really was wheezing. he is be transferred to detroit for company and is getting a promotion. company used to give him car at lease end. sweet. now he has to turn them in.

Archived