CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Today while browsing at my fave boneyard I discovered a 97 STS in the typical cond(gone over pretty good),but it still has plenty to offer,it had the homelink garage remote from factory,so I extracted the three button set up and pushed it into the empty slot overhead in my 94 and lo and behold it works!!!I googled how toprogram it to my door and it works!!! COOL!!Best of all I didn't pay a dime he gave it to me.I love my local boneyard..tomorrow I'll be back for more goodies!

look1-1-1.jpg

For those that dont know the ones that have a red light on them are good for non rolling code doors that were made in 1996 or before. After that they are amber colored lights that will do the rolling code garages. I know a guy on another forum that sells them for $20 if anyone is interested. I have a red one I would sell but I think Im stuck with it because not many people want these ones.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Oh I see them all over the net now that I have one and have started to look around,this one is from a 97 STS. I've seen them from $20 thru to $60...It's just the little things in life like this,when you browse in the yards :yupi3ti:

look1-1-1.jpg

My 83 came with one that was like new just like the rest of the cars condition. Probably never used. It was the original style with sliding switches and buttons on it. I ended up selling it for $55 on ebay cuz I knew Id never need it :D Somebody wanted it more than I did.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Well, Jim this one doesn't look removable but in the ol 94 there is a spring loaded hinged flap when not equipped (from the stealer) with homelink and you just slide the preprogrammed unit almost like a cassette into the slot,which snaps perfectly into place. I'm sure that one would have to remove trim and so forth to remove...Anyway without babbling on any further,apparently ALL Cadillacs from I would say the early 80's whenever a garage door opener was offered,is prewired for this,which is why the LEDs in mine work when I pushed it into place.

look1-1-1.jpg

Very similar,if I could ever figure out how to post pics,dangit! Thanks for the pic tho...

Get an account at PHOTOBUCKET

Upload your pics there

Then on a pic you want to post "HERE"...move the mouse over the pic on Photo Bucket..

You will have 4 options pop up at the bottom of the picture...click on the bottom one...IMG CODE...then just PASTE that into your post here.

Don't feel bad.. it took me three forever's to figure it out...and I am a computer tech... :) :)

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, how did you get the homelink remote out of the overhead console?

I've tried everything from a small screwdriver to a utility knife blade to remove it but I also don't want to break the thing or the trim of the car either.

I have one in the car I drive in the summer and I would like to put it in my winter seville while I'm using it.

you have to remove the square piece that holds the remote and sunroof switch(if equipped)...BE CAREFUL those little clips that keep it in place are made from EGGSHELL material :D

look1-1-1.jpg

you have to remove the square piece that holds the remote and sunroof switch(if equipped)...BE CAREFUL those little clips that keep it in place are made from EGGSHELL material :D

Oh ok thank you, I've had that off before to replace the sunroof switch but the remote stayed put from what I can remember but then again I never tried removing it either.

Probably best for me to just order one off ebay or find one in the bone-yard if one even survives the Cadillac Hyenas and Vulchers here in Alberta lol.

After I get one how does it install? Just push in? Or does the square trim come off again?

Yes, it pushes right into place like the ol cassette...that's originally what freaked me out about them,as soon as I sat down to fire up I just thought, I'll try it on for size and it kept going into the slot without resistance, Actually quite smoothly, tried the buttons,LED's Bingo,COOL!!!Go to youtube and you will find instructions on the programming,I just typed HOMELINK. Have Fun :yupi3ti:;):)

look1-1-1.jpg

Archived