CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Teenager in Cadillac attracts plenty of attention

Bruce Nunnally

Adrien Serroul's 1973 Cadillac Sedan DeVille was a very popular car when new. The 1973 model year for Cadillac broke all previous production and sales records with over 300,000 cars. All-new bodies for Cadillac had been introduced for the 1971 model year, and the '73s were mildly restyled versions. The most exciting and practical engineering innovation on the 1973 Cadillacs were the new energy-absorbing bumpers. The grilles on all 1973 Cadillacs were connected to the front bumper, and if the front bumper hits something at low speed, the grille retracts several inches to protect it from damage.

Read More: http://www.emcwestcarleton.ca/20101230/lifestyle/Teenager+in+Cadillac+attracts+plenty+of+attention

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

i thought perhaps the kid lived in podunk iowa and barney fife was pulling him over. but i see he lives outside toronto. a fairly populated area. now how many cops have pulled him over multiple times? after 2-3 times wouldn't the cop start to remember the car? sounds like a good case of harassment to me.

my cousin bought a 59 caddy in 1978. his dad had a buick electra 225 with a 455 motor that he got to drive a lot. we used to cruise alot in that tank. than he got the caddy. it certainly was a similar sized car but those tailfins were awesome. 59 to 75 cars were just about the same as far as sophistication. both were kinda crude. now any young kid used to his moms 2008 camry would think a 75 caddy came from mars.

i thought perhaps the kid lived in podunk iowa and barney fife was pulling him over. but i see he lives outside toronto. a fairly populated area. now how many cops have pulled him over multiple times? after 2-3 times wouldn't the cop start to remember the car? sounds like a good case of harassment to me.

Mississauga has about 750,000 people and the local police also patrol Brampton (~400,000) so theres a good chance each time was by a different cop :)

The car looks beautiful though... good post Bruce!

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! its nice to see my article made it to this forum! i didnt mind that the police always pulled me over, i understand that they are just doing their jobs. Plus it gets fun sometimes, from being pulled over by the tactical team, to being boxed in by several cruisers! :D

Great article! I'm glad to see a member of the "younger generation" interested in any classic car, especially a Cadillac!

I love my Cadillac! Looks good and turns heads! Solid first car, and i plan on collecting more classic caddys!

Archived