CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

engine ground question

steveo412

thanks jim,,yup its grounded,i think what happened when thay sent me the harness thay cut some of the grounds for some reason,so i had to put new round grounds on a couple wires and it was about 6 inches short,but i got it reach a different ground loc ,thanks steve

thanks jim,,yup its grounded,i think what happened when thay sent me the harness thay cut some of the grounds for some reason,so i had to put new round grounds on a couple wires and it was about 6 inches short,but i got it reach a different ground loc ,thanks steve

Good...

You should be fine with that. :)

Posted Image

Yeah, I've done jobs where grounds weren't taken seriously. The worst example was the headlights of a 1964 Chevrolet, which didn't have the ground connected on one side. When they were on, all four of them were on; the dimmer switch just changed the emphasis. High beam or low beam, all of them had their own intensity setting, and none of them was on full brightness. After I fixed the ground, everything was OK.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived